NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
“BUZZR MISSPELLING BEE” – WATCH & WIN SWEEPSTAKES
(as of May 8, 2018)
1. Eligibility: BUZZR LET’S PLAY® “BUZZR MISSPELLING BEE” (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent and lawful residents of the United States (including Washington, D.C., but specifically excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older (or age of majority in their home state) at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by BUZZR LET’S PLAY, 2900 W. Alameda, 8th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
4. Timing / Sweepstakes Period (“Sweepstakes Perod”):
Start May 29, 2018, 6:00am EST
End June 1, 2018 11:59:00pm EST
Sponsor shall conduct a random drawing from eligible participants (see “How to Enter” below) during each 24 hour period in the Sweepstakes Period, to select the potential winner(s) of the Sweepstakes Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, and to hold Sweepstakes drawings at its sole discretion.
5. How to Enter:
Tune in during airings of the game show “Match Game” on BUZZR (see local listings for times: http://buzzrplay.com/) during the Sweepstakes Period. A misspelled word will appear somewhere in an episode of Match Game each day during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Misspelled Word”). Then, at some point between 5pm and 7pm PST, the Misspelled Word for that day will be revealed. There will be one (1) Misspelled Word per day during the Sweepstakes Period, with a new Misspelled Word each day. Each Misspelled Word can only be used during the day it appears on Match Game. Misspelled Words submitted on days other than the day on which they appear in Match Game will not be considered valid entries.
Before midnight EST on each applicable day, entrants may submit the Misspelled Word for that day either via Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. The Misspelled Word for that day must be submitted before midnight on the applicable day in order to be a valid entry for that day’s prize.
To enter via Facebook: Prior to midnight EST on the applicable day during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be able to visit the Sponsor Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BUZZRplay/) and enter the day’s Misspelled Word.
To enter via Instagram or Twitter: Prior to midnight EST on the applicable day during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be able to submit the day’s Misspelled Word by using the hashtag #BUZZRmisspell in a post either on Instagram or Twitter.
There is no fee associated with participating in the Sweepstakes.
Each Facebook account, Instagram account, or Twitter account may enter one (1) time per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Each day’s winner will be drawn at random from the pool of valid entries from that day only. Each day a new pool of valid entries will be used, and only those valid entries received that day will be drawn from. Entries from previous days will not be used. Entries generated by use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) shall be automatically disqualified.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received in each day during the Sweepstakes Period. There will be one (1) winner per day of the Sweepstakes Period, for a total of four (4) winners.
The winners will be selected within forty-eight hours of the end of the Sweepstakes Period, and each winner will win one (1) prize package as outlined here:
One (1) prize package valued at approximately Seventy-Five to One Hundred Dollars ($75.00-$100.00), featuring Sponsor selected merchandise (“Prize”).
6. Winner Requirements: Participants must be 18 years or older (or age of majority within their home state), comply with all local, state and federal laws and comply with the Website Terms of Service. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. No cash equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. As applicable, Sponsor may provide Winner with additional documentation to account for prizing won as part of the Sweepstakes, including any necessary IRS forms.
Sponsor will contact the winner within one (1) week of the random drawing via the social media account entered in “How to Enter” above. It is the potential winner’s responsibility to keep his/her Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter account current, as applicable. The winner has the responsibility to respond to a social media notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the time it is sent. Failure to respond within the 48-hour time period will indicate definitively that the prize has been declined for all time and an alternative winner will be selected by Sponsor in another random drawing.
Receipt of prize is conditioned upon winner completing and returning any necessary documents as Sponsor may require, including, without limitation, tax documents, and/or publicity and other releases (except where prohibited).
7. Prize: Exclusive BUZZR gift pack valued at $75-$100.
8. General Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the account will be deemed to be the entrant. Entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless FremantleMedia North America, Inc., Buzzr Let’s Play, local affiliates or broadcasting entities, Debmar Mercury, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, advertisers, sponsors or other such related entities, and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Internet: Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date.
12. Disputes: CONTAINS ARBITRATION LANGUAGE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal substantive law in effect in the State of California, USA. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be arbitrated by, and under the rules of, J.A.M.S. in binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California, and before a mutually selected arbitrator experienced in the United States entertainment industry. The prevailing party in such arbitration shall be entitled to recover all costs of arbitration, including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and costs. entrant's sole remedy for breach by Sponsor of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be an action for damages, if any, and entrant shall not be entitled to enjoin, restrain or interfere with the filming, broadcast, exhibition, distribution or other exploitation of the MATCH GAME®, FAMILY FEUD®, LET’S MAKE A DEAL® or any other property or program featured on the BUZZR network, any other audio-visual works of Sponsor, or any of Sponsor’s rights hereunder.
(a) Entrant and Sponsor agree that all claims, disputes and controversies of any kind arising out of, relating to or in any way associated with your employment by Sponsor or the termination of that employment, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration pursuant to the terms of these Official Rules.
(b) This agreement applies to all claims that Sponsor may have against entrant, as well as all claims that entrant may have against Sponsor, including any of Sponsor’s partners, affiliated companies, successors, assigns, owners, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, managers, members, and agents.
(c) All disputes and controversies at issue in the arbitration will be governed by the laws of the State of California, except where federal law is applicable. The parties agree that Sponsor is engaged in transactions involving interstate commerce, and therefore, this provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act as well as California Code of Civil Procedure sections 1280, et seq. (including without limitation section 1283.05 and its mandatory and permissive rights to discovery). The arbitration process shall be administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) pursuant to its Arbitration Rules & Procedures in effect at the time the dispute is submitted. The arbitration will be conducted in Los Angeles County by a single, neutral arbitrator supplied by JAMS. In deciding legal issues related to any claim and in determining the appropriate legal or equitable remedy, the arbitrator shall apply the appropriate federal, state or local law.
(d) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in JAMS’s rules, the arbitration shall provide (i) for written discovery and depositions adequate to give the parties access to documents and witnesses that are essential to the dispute, taking into account the parties’ mutual desire to have an efficient, cost-effective dispute resolution process; and (ii) for a written decision by the arbitrator that includes the essential findings and conclusions upon which the decision is based. The decision of the arbitrator will be final, conclusive, and binding on the parties to the arbitration. Judgment may be entered on the arbitrator’s decision in any court having jurisdiction. Claims must be submitted to JAMS for arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Rules for commencing an arbitration, and within the applicable statute of limitations. Except as may be required by law, no party or arbitrator may disclose the existence, content or result of any arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of both parties.
(e) The fees of the arbitrator and all other costs that are unique to the arbitration process shall be paid by Sponsor to the extent required by law. Otherwise, each party shall be solely responsible for paying his/her/its own costs for the arbitration, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees. However, if either party prevails on a claim which affords the prevailing party attorneys’ fees pursuant to law, statute, or contract, the arbitrator may award reasonable attorneys’ fees to the prevailing party.
(f) BY AGREEING TO SUBMIT THE CLAIMS TO ARBITRATION, YOU ARE HEREBY WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL IN COURT.
13. Sweepstakes Results and Official Rules: Winner List requests will only be accepted three (3) weeks after the Sweepstakes Period expires, and must be received by no later than ninety (90) days after the Sweepstakes Period has ended. For a copy of the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “Winners List – BUZZR MISSPELLING BEE WATCH & WIN Sweepstakes” to email@example.com
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND/OR TWITTER ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND SHALL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, ISSUES OR DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION.